“Reset Rocky Mount” Small Business Grant Program
Purpose: To support the small business community that has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funding: $275,000 to help the owners of small, locally owned, for-profit, brick and mortar businesses. Priority will be given to those businesses specifically listed in the Governor’s Executive Order 53 and non-franchise businesses.
Maximum Grant: $5,000
Criteria for Eligibility:
1. Must have been in business on January 1, 2020.
2. Must show a reduction in sales due to the economic impact of the COVID-19 health crisis.
3. Must have or be pursuing an online and/or social media presence with accurate information presented, for example, a minimum of an up to date Google listing.
4. Must have an active business license and up to date taxes within the Town of Rocky Mount.
5. Only one owner of the “brick and mortar” business may apply.
6. “Small businesses” will be defined as 20 or fewer employees, whether full-time or part-time equivalents.
Funding Length: Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm on July 28th.
Uses of Funds: The funds can be used for any of the following business purposes, in order of priority:
1. Marketing – Advertising efforts to promote business re-start or to implement online sales presence.
2. Rent or mortgage payments for April - September 2020
3. Utilities (electric, water/sewer, internet) for April – September 2020
4. Compensation – Any costs associated with training, re-hiring or hiring new employees. May not be used for payroll.
5. Inventory – Inventory needed to re-start a business.
Process: Applications include filling out the form linked below and submitting all required attachments noted below with a notarized affidavit.