I just moved to Town and I need water, sewer and/or garbage service.  Where do I need to go?

The Town's Finance Department will be happy to assist you with these services. - The Finance office is located in the Town Municipal Building at 345 Donald Avenue, Rocky Mount.  A water service application is required to obtain service. For more information, please call the Finance Department at (540) 483-5243. 

When is my water bill due?

Payment is due by the 25th of the month to avoid a 10% penalty. If payment is still not received by the 10th of the following month, the account is subject to disconnection of service.  Questions regarding payment deadlines or delinquencies should be directed to the Finance Department at (540) 483-5243.

On what day will my garbage be picked up?

Garbage is collected Tuesday through Thursday, and your day of collection is based on the street you live on.  For the street-specific collection schedule, click here. Please note, some apartment addresses may not have garbage service.  Please contact the Finance Department at (540) 483-5243 for more information.  Also, please note that holidays may affect the day of your collection.

When & how should I bring my garbage to the curb?

Garbage should be at the curb by 7:00 A.M. on the day of your collection.  Please use an appropriate 45 gallon trash can rather than placing bags directly on the street.

What should I do if I am unable to get my garbage to the curb?

The answer to this question depends on your situation.  If you are suffering from a temporary ailment that prevents you from bringing your garbage to the curb (for a week or two), please call the Public Works Department at (540) 483-1320 prior to the day of your collection for assistance.  If you are elderly, or temporarily or permanently disabled and will require assistance for more than two weeks, please contact the Town Clerk at (540) 483-7660 to obtain an Application for Special Trash Pick-Up. This form must be signed by your physician.