Veteran's Memorial Park
Franklin County Veterans Memorial Park is a quiet reminder of the honor, courage, and sacrifice of local soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines who served. The central memorial honors those who lost their lives while preserving our freedoms; the brick plaza around the memorial honors all veterans with inscribed bricks, sales of which support the ongoing operations, care and maintenance of the memorial.
The Franklin County Veterans Memorial Commission plans, directs and coordinates the management of donations, sale of memorial bricks, and maintenance of the memorial, continuing to pay respect to the veterans of Franklin County by ensuring an attractive and beautiful place for citizens and visitors. Additionally, the Veterans Commission honors local heroes twice each year, on Memorial Day and Veterans Day, with special programs at Veterans Park.
Memorial bricks to honor veterans are available for purchase year-round, with engraved bricks being installed twice each year, prior to the Memorial Day and Veterans Day ceremonies. Order deadlines are April 1 and September 1 of each year. Bricks are available in two sizes: 4" x 8" bricks hold 3 lines of text with a maximum of 18 characters per line, and 8" x 8" bricks hold 6 lines of text with a maximum of 18 characters per line.
Click the following link for the brick order form:
For more information about memorial bricks, please contact the Community Development Office at 540.483.0907 or email email@example.com.
- Veteran's Park features well-maintained landscaping with quiet places to sit, think, and reflect.
- A canoe/kayak takeout ramp is available.
- There are no restrooms available at Veterans' Park.
- Veterans' Park is connected to Lynch Park (maintained by Franklin County) via a boardwalk, the first phase of the Pigg River Heritage Trail. Lynch Park offers a boulder playground, access to the Pigg River for fishing and canoe take-out, and picnic tables.
- NOTE: Portable restrooms are available during special programs at Veterans' Park.
- Veterans' Park is located at 35 Scuffling Hill Road, Rocky Mount, Virginia, at the Intersection of US 220 Business/South Main Street and Scuffling Hill Road.